Today I chat with Alex Leikermoser, a yogini and meditator who closed her yoga studio and left her life as a serial entrepreneur in the busy city to discover her Self.
Alex is someone who has explored her own ‘dark night of the soul’ and is moving through it with sensitivity, grace and an honesty I found invigorating.
Just a few of the topics we chat about in this episode:
- Why being as bad at meditation might be good for you
- The importance of rediscovering how to play like children
- How a dark night of the soul can be an integral part of growing in life
- The power of realising you have a choice about how to spend the time you have
- And oh so many more!
- Signup to Alex’s CALM-unity and get a free track!
- Alex’s guided meditation CD: Whine less, breathe more
- Joseph Campbell: The Hero’s Journey
- Eckhart Tolle: The Power Of Now
- Joseph Campbell on The Power of Myth, watch on Netflix or read the transcript at billmoyers.com
- Find Alex on her YogaGurl or personal sites… or Twitter
- 21 day of no complaining – Tim Ferriss
Some of my fav quotes from the episode
The greatest revolution is self-love– Alex Leikermoser
Being imperfect is what’s going to inspire people more– Alex Leikermoser
Sit there and be ok with it not being the way you expect it to be– Alex Leikermoser on meditation
Loving yourself is a practice– Alex Leikermoser
Support the music played in this episode
What do you think? Comment below or leave a voice note.
Hearing from you is a ‘making my day’ kind of experience for me, every time, so don’t be shy (or do, I accept you just as you are).
Mainly, I hope you find something you need in today’s episode, and I’d love to hear about it if you do!
Thank to you and Alex for Getting Naked With Nate, what a ride!
See you next week!